[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: How can display a calcuation to a chart.

Larry,

There are 2 ways to do this. The first is to create an indicator and
plot it on the price chart using the invisible property style...not
exotic and you would only be able to view the value of the present
day in the header.

The second and preferred method is to use an expert advisor. This way
you could view the commentary for any day you liked. The commentary
can also be incorporated into another expert if you wish to use more
than one.

To accomplish this go to expert and create a new advisor. Call it
4DayRange if you like. In the commentary section place the following:

On <date>,
The 4 Day Range
for <name> was\
{4DayRange}
writeval(((H - L) +
(Ref(H,-1)- Ref(L,-1))+
(Ref(H,-2)- Ref(L,-2))+
(Ref(H,-3)- Ref(L,-3)))/4)

That should do the trick. You will need to attach the expert to your
chart. The commentary may be called when desired or left open.

Hope this helps,

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lseldin <larry@xxxx>"
<larry@xxxx> wrote:
> A while back a user helped me add this filter
>
>   MOV(H-L,4,S)
>
> When I wanted to get this calculation in my Explorer
>
> (H - L + H1 - L1 + H2 - L2 + H3 - L3) / 4
>
> 1) I would like to display this value on a chart that I bring up.
Can