RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Digest Number 284

Dirk,

The Peak() function returns the zig high and the trough() function the zag
low. They are built in Metastock functions.
To get the most recent peak you say peak(1, price, percent) where price can
be the close price or whatever and percent is a number.
To get the previous peak you say peak(2, price, percent).
Working with troughs is similar.

However I suggest you read what MS help say about zigzag related functions.

I also suggest you read my
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/equismetastock/files/ SR zigzag related
indicators.doc
and
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/equismetastock/files/ Validating the
zigzag.pdf

before using these functions in systems and back tests.

Take care

Spyros