Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] correct method of calculating RSI

to disclose your email address to the group.  Please use this
page to reply.

<<....I would like to be able to use the bourse method of calculation to derive my
RSI figures but to do it in Metastock. I am exploring RSI crossovers and
need correct values. You cannot do this sort of work in Bourse except
visually one stock at a time. I need much more data to go on.
I have no idea of how to do this as I have no experience in programming
Metastock language.
Is there a plugin that gives the correct RSI value in Metastock?....>>

On page 485 of the MetaStock Manual it gives the formula they use for the RSI.  This formula is identical to the RSI formula that Welles Wilder (the originator of RSI) gives in his book "New Concepts in Technical Trading Systems" page 65.  MS has the "correct" formula.  You are looking for a modified version of the formula.

Jay

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor