RE: [Metastockusers] Monthly Price Performance

<FONT face=Arial
size=2>Adheer:
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
This looks very
good. Where and how do I use it with Metastock?

<FONT face=Arial
size=2>Lionel

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Adheer Pai
[mailto:adheerp@xxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2003 12:10
AMTo: metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
[Metastockusers] Monthly Price Performance

      Hello Fellow Traders,Here is an
      indicator I built that displays the % change in the price of a stock
      from the first day of each month. It tracks the % change in the price of
      the stock from the closing price on the first day of that month.
      Also attached is the chart for Circuit City
      using the same.
      I also have a modified version than tracks
      performance between option-cycles (that is third Friday of a month).
      I find it useful for near-the-money and at-the-money stocks to
      discover candidates for covered call writing.

      -Adheer Pai.

      {/*
       */}{/* Formula     : Monthly Stock
      Price Change in
      Percentage                      */}{/*
      Name
      : APai_Monthly_Price_Performance

               */}{/*
      Author      : Adheer Pai (<A
      href=""><FONT face=Fixedsys
      color=#008000>adheerp@xxxxxxxxxxx<FONT face=Fixedsys
      color=#008000>)
      */}{/* Date        : May 19,
      2002.

      */}{/* Description : Displays the percentage change in the
      price of the
      */}{/*
          stock against the price on first day of each
      month            */}{/*
       */}

      {/* Determine if it is the
      first day (bar) of the
       month.
      */}
      {/* The first day of a
      month is detected when the day  of
               */}
      {/* the
      previous bar is greater than the day of the current
      bar.   */}
      {/* Likewise,
      if the month of current bar is not the same as the
      */}
      {/* month of
      previous bar we know that it is a
      new
      month.          */}
      <FONT face=Fixedsys color=#0000ff
      size=2>isNewMonth:=    If( Month() <> Ref(
      Month() , -1 ),       1
      ,       0 );

      {/* Retrieve the Closing
      Price on the first day (bar) of a month   */}
      startValue:=ValueWhen( 1 ,
      isNewMonth = 1 , C );

      {/* Plot the price change
      percentage for this bar with respect to  */}
      {/* the price on the first
      day of the current
      month
      */}
      ( 100 * ( C - startValue ) )
      / startValue;

      {/* Plot the 0%
      reference
      line                                     */}<FONT
      color=#0000ff>0;

      {/*
       */}

        From:  "trend2trader <<A
        href="">trend2trader@xxxx>"
        <<A
        href="">trend2trader@xxxx>
        Date:
        Thu Jan 2, 2003  1:07 pm<FONT
        size=+0>Subject:  Day count in new
      month

                  <FONT face=arial
                size=-2>hi
        list,is there a possiblity to program an indicator which counts
        the days of any new month, the goal would be to see if there is an
        indication of the first couple or last couple of trading days if
        these days say anything about the monthly performance?thanks
        in
advancetrend2traderTo
to:Metastockusers-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxYour use
of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <A