Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Exploration: MACD Historgram Uptrend for Weekly and Daily

Roy,

No, I found it on some websites after intensive
search.

Yes, I am still looking a way to scan for stocks on a
uptrend in terms of Daily MACD Histogram and Weekly
MCAD Histogram. And after many hours of research and
emails to this group, I have yet to achieve my goal.
Very dissapointed indeed.

Alex
--- Roy Larsen <rlarsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Alex
>
> I suggest you check with the author of these
> formulas as to how to use them
> in explorations. I was under the impression that you
> that you wanted an
> accurate weekly MACD formula to base your
> exploration on. The weekly formula
> you've come up with may be very useful if you know
> how to apply it, but it's
> a long way from an accurate rendition of a weekly
> MACD for daily periodicy.
> Same goes for the 'Daily MACD Hist' - what is it and
> how's it supposed to
> work? I hope you didn't pay for these formulas.
>
> Roy

Mov(If(DayOfWeek()=5,C,Peak(1,If(DayOfWeek()=5,C,0),1)),60,E)-

Mov(If(DayOfWeek()=5,C,Peak(1,If(DayOfWeek()=5,C,0),1)),130,E)-

Mov(Mov(If(DayOfWeek()=5,C,Peak(1,If(DayOfWeek()=5,C,0),1)),60,E)-

Mov(If(DayOfWeek()=5,C,Peak(1,If(DayOfWeek()=5,C,0),1)),130,E),45,E)

> [...]
> >
> > Alex
> >

> > --- Roy Larsen <rlarsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Alex

> > > Sorry

> formual
> > > into
> > > "this
> formula"
> > >
> > > The 'Weekly MACD' is an indicator - it's not
> > > intended to be used directly in
> > > an exploration but can be called using Fml() and
> > > FmlVar() once the default
> > > Input() functions values have been set.

> > > even
> What
> help?
> > >
> > > My mistake. I guess I assumed a level of fluency
> > > that is a little ahead of
> > > where you are at with MS code. I tend to forget
> that
> > > not everyone has worked
> > > with MS every day for several years. As long as
> > > you're willing to learn I'm
> > > willing to help. I'm convinced that the 'Weekly
> > > MACD' can do most of what
> > > you expect, but to extract the information from
> it
> > > there is still a little
> > > way to go.
> > >
> > > The first step is that you need to cut and paste
> the
> > > code to the Indicator
> > > Builder, then drop it onto a chart and
> experiment
> > > with the different input
> > > options. You should also try changing the style
> of
> > > the MACD line to
> > > histogram (Properties - Color/Style) and see how
> > > that compares visually to
> > > the histogram option I built into the indicator
> > > (which I admit is rather
> > > crude).
> > >
> > > You could also switch your chart to weekly
> periodicy
> > > and check my indicator
> > > against the standard MACD. When you do that you
> will
> > > probably see variations
> > > that suggest errors in my code. Make sure both
> > > indicators are using the same
> > > scale (right click and select scaling).
> Differences
> > > displayed using weekly
> > > periodicy are caused by missing Fridays, and
> this
> > > causes my code to miss an
> > > entire weekly bar of data. However when used
> with
> > > daily periodicy the weekly
> > > close is taken from the bar before Monday
> whenever a
> > > missing Friday is
> > > detected.
> > >
> > > Understanding the detail of the code is not as
> > > important as just getting a
> > > feel for how it looks and what the various
> options
> > > do. This is nesessary
> > > before it can be used in an exploration. When
> you
> > > are familiar with it I'll
> > > give you some suggestions on what to do next.

=== message truncated ===