[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: formulas for individual shares

Well, you've already gotten two conflicting opinions :-)

Some very successful traders, like Larry Williams, seem to have no
problem with the idea of optimizing for a particular symbol.  See,
for example, "Long Term Secrets to Short Term Trading".

One suggestion that shows up many places is to tune your system on
only half your data, then test it on the other half.

While I think this is a good idea, one must be careful about the
halves chosen since you could inadvertently tune to a bull market
and then test during a bear market, or make some other data-
splitting choice that distorts your resuls.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "chellester2002