[Metastockusers] Metastock

Yesterday was an amazing day for MS Bashers, while not all of the
complaints were about the program itself, most of them were about
the way MS handles the resale of their product. I have not heard of
anyone mentioning the fact that MS could be loaded on more than one
pc, try that with AGet, DT4, BioComp Profit,
Patternsmasher,Neureshell trader, MurreyMath.

The add-ons come with a lot of hype, but very little promise.
I personally didn't like the way MS bundled the latest Version 8.0
with the demo of Pivots Point, I thought that I was getting new
indicators but what I really got were little black boxes with little
documentation.

I would like metastock work on Optionscope to become more user
friendly.

the comparisons between MS and other programs are a good starting
point.

MS Language VS Tradestation Easy language: MS only allows 20
variables in one indicator, no data arrays, no limit to the number
of plotted lines, 2000 indicators, 2000 system tests, 2000 experts,
2000 explorations. Tradestation:you need a degree in programing just
to plot an indicator, only allows 4  plots per indicator, 1000
indicators,highlights, systems, can only test one system on one
stock at a time unless you really ante up and buy an add- on from
Rina Systems.

AGet has now been purchased by ESignal: has some nice Indicators but
the program is based on the trading techniques of Tom Joseph.

It only allows for simple or expotential MA's, It has the regular
Stoch, RSI,CCI etc
but you cannot create your own indicators,highlights, experts or
systems tests.

PS it doesn't have alerts.

DT4 is based ot the trading style of Robert Miner, and it to has 20
or so regular indicators but it has the same limitations as AGet you
cannot create your own indicators,highlights, experts or systems
tests. DT3 used to work in RT but now you have to lease it on a
yearly basis for RT.

All programs have good and bad points.

It should be What program is making ME MONEY!

Henry