[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: System Tester in Metastock

-The trough and peak functions are defined by the percentage number
input, in this particular case, is 3%.  A peak or a trough are not
defined as such until the price turns down or up respectively by the
set %.  Your formula is designed to show the exact peak/trough point
after the event has happened.  Unless one has a crystal ball, it is
impossible to have a formula that will provide the signal on the
same same day the peak/trough happens.  The formula given was
probably intended for some sort of price swing analysis and not for
use in a system tester where you would get unrealisticly great
results. Peak/Trough functions are related to the zig zag function
which also gives similarly unrealistic results in the system tester.
If you search the same index site you mentioned, you should find
some formula work on the zig zag indicator which has the intention
to overcome the tendency of the last leg of the zig zag to behave in
a dynamic/unpredictable manner, by providing confirmation of a
valid/static leg in the zig zag.

            -- In equismetastock@xxxx, Alex Tan <bt_alex_tty@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to this group. I am currently testing some
> formulas I got from this website:
> http://www.eis.pl/kr/AFM/index.htm
>
> The long and sell formulas are in this webpage:
> http://www.eis.pl/kr/AFM/e-st-Marking_High_Low.html
>

> I find metastock to be misleading, in the sense they
> give the arrow buy signal on one day, but the arrow
> was placed 1-2 days prior to the buy signal in the
> chart. It does the same when the sell signal is given,
> it places the sell arrow 1-2 days prior to the day the
> signal was given. Hence it gives you the impression of
> a massive profit trading system, which in reality, it
> is not.
>
> Is there a work-around to this solution?
>
> Alex

> http://launch.yahoo.com/u2

Plan to Sell a Home?
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J2SnNA/y.lEAA/46VHAA/BefplB/TM