Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Wetsel triple indicator

Yellowstoneuk

> This is an indicator I have made based upon the "triple" described
> in the book Wetsel Market Bureau based on a tuition journal written
> in the
> early 1930's. The indicator is described as having the force of
> atraction. If the price fails to reverse to the extent of the triple
> then probability of further extended move in same direction as
> previous move. The triple is the average of two consecutive moves in
> the same general direction.
>

> ((Trough(2 ,C ,1 ) + Peak(2 ,C ,1 )+Peak(2 ,C ,1 ) + Trough
> (1 ,C ,1 )  +(Trough(1 ,C ,1 ) + Peak(1 ,C ,1 )))/6)

Peak and Trough are based on ZigZag so unless you combine a "ZZ Validity"
signal (from Spyros) you are very likely to end up with signals that appear
on one bar then disappear as new data is added. Some tests I did with Peak
based code gave signals that failed as often as 40% of the time. I would
suspect that the code above is subject to a significant failure rate though
probably less than 25%. I'm not attempting to knock your code but pointing
out a potential weakness that will not be apparent under normal testing.

Roy

Home Selling? Try Us!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QrPZMC/iTmEAA/jd3IAA/BefplB/TM