[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: MACD formula

Tom,

Try entering this formula into a custom indicator to see how MACD
performs as compared to your TC2000.

TITLE: Macd Buy & Sell
MACD();
Mov(MACD(),9,EXPONENTIAL);
buy:=Cross(MACD(),Mov(MACD(),9,EXPONENTIAL));
sell:=Cross(Mov(MACD(),9,EXPONENTIAL),MACD());
If(buy,+1,0);
If(sell,-1,0);

Or you can make your own MACD by creating 2 moving averages.
   MOV(close,20,s);
   MOV(close,5,s);
Will create a MACD with periods of 5 and 20;

My system tests or explorations ALWAYS begin with a simplified custom
indicator so I can verify that the formula works as I expect it to.
Also to verify that what I think I know is valid. It is really
surprising how many "Trading Rules" detailed in technical analysis
books simply do not apply when viewed as a custom indicator in real
charts. So before I accept any "Rule" as valid, I must see it
displayed as in the above simple formula. I have nearly 100 custom
indicators to display simple things like gaps, hi-vol spikes,
clustered hi-vol days, reversals, etc which I use to develop valid
and confirmed trading rules.

Grizz

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=219695.2310151.3725769.2113459/D=egroupweb/S=1

375617:HM/A=1226184/R=0/*http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/N879.ameritra