Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Moving alert back a bar

Joe -
 The formulas are the same as what you were kind enough to help with.
There are three parts to the code. The two that draw the dots, and a
third that "erases" the unwanted dots. The eraser needs to be drawn
after the other 2. At leas that's what I've been doing. Use a heavier
line for the eraser to ensure the extraneous dots are covered. All this
isdone in the indicator builder.

{Bottom Dots}
Bottom:=Ref(L,-1)<Ref(L,-2) AND Ref(L,-1)<L;
Ref(If(Bottom,Ref(L,-1)-.1,.6*Ref(L,-1)),+1);

{Top Dots}
Top:=Ref(H,-1)>Ref(H,-2) AND Ref(H,-1)>H;
Ref(If(Top,Ref(H,-1)+.1,.6*Ref(L,-1)),+1)

{Eraser. My contribution}
Ref(Ref(L,-1)*.6,+1)

Joe J. wrote:

> Ron,
>
> Good news.  I use something similiar to that in the indicator builder to
> set the initial stop level (formula based) on a chart for one system I
> have.  I don't want a dots on each bar, only the bar after the entry
> signal, so this works nicely.
>
> By the way, how did you get the dots to plot only over the condition
> bars?  Where do the go when the statement is false?  Mine plot on the
> close which is okay because they are the same color as the bars
> themselves.
>
> Can you post the formula?
>
> Good Trading,
>
> Joe J.

Looking for a more powerful website? Try GeoCities for $8.95 per month.
Register your domain name (http://your-name.com). More storage! No ads!
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info
http://us.click.yahoo.com/auyVXB/KJoEAA/jd3IAA/BefplB/TM