Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Moving alert back a bar

Joe -

Thanks a lot. It works. Don't know what I was doing wrong before. I'm
using the Expert to place dots - two different colors above and below -
where the pivots are. I then don't go blind finding the pivot points.
Drawing the trendlines is pretty much connecting the dots. On really
clean patterns you can "eyeball" them and know what they are.

I'll try your suggestion about the indicator. It or some variation may
work as well. The advantage of not having to attach experts is a plus.

Thanks again.

Ron

Joe J. wrote:

> Ron,
>
> This seems to work for me.  See the attached chart.
>
> I put the following formula in the Symbols box within the Expert
> Editor (I also picked the "dots" and plotted above because that is
> what symbol you are looking for):
>
> MyAlert:=Ref(H,-1)>H AND Ref(H,-1)>Ref(H,-2);{a top}
>
> Ref(MyAlert,+1)
>
> Although this should work for you, if you still want to put it in an
> indicator you would have to do something like this:
>
> ref( IF("your condition", H+1, close),+1)
>
> Then change the indicator to plot dots.  When the condition is true,
> it will put a dot one point (or you can change this to what ever
> interval you want) above the high for the bar, when it isn't, it will
> put the dot where your close would be - which is okay as it looks fine
> on a OHLC bar.  Try the Expert though, that sounds like the way to go
> for you.
>
> Good Trading,
>
> Joe J.

Looking for a more powerful website? Try GeoCities for $8.95 per month.
Register your domain name (http://your-name.com). More storage! No ads!
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info
http://us.click.yahoo.com/auyVXB/KJoEAA/jd3IAA/BefplB/TM