Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] FREE End-of-Day Quotes

Hi
I use Yahoo to get free updates for the 350 to 400 UK
stocks that interest me, but it is not entirely
straightforward.  First I used DataBull to get one
year of historic data.  You can do this without
registering or paying for it.  I then made a list of
the same stocks in Yahoo's finance section.  There
seems to be a limit of about 250 per list, so I had to
split the original list in two.  The quotes are
delayed, so you have to wait at least 30 minutes after
the markets close before collecting the data.  On each
page of quotes, near the bottom, there is an option
called something like Download to Spreadsheet. Use
this to download each page of data.  Load each set of
data into a spreadsheet such as Excel (it is in CSV
format) and remove the twp columns of data that are
not needed (time of last trade and percentage change
for the day).  You can then add a suitable header line
to tell the Downloader what column represents and
import each list separately.  Alternatively, have a
text editor plus a file with a suitable header line,
and load all the lists below this header.  Save it all
as a txt file that can then be loaded into the
Downloader in one go.  Of course, you use the ASCII
format to import into the Downloader.  The header
looks like this:
There may be better alternatives available with US
stocks, but this seems to be the only free route with
UK stocks.  With reliable sources of UK data costing
about 32 GBP (50 US dollars) per month, and more for a
customised list, it is worth taking a minute or two
extra per day to get it from Yahoo.
Hope this is of some help.

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/

Sell a Home for Top $