[EquisMetaStock Group] History of the group

Pring,

I can give you the history. In 1999 this group was formed. Wasn't
much in the beginning but it was a start. This site continued to grow
but it also attracted its fare share of spam because the previous
owner had moved on to other things and forgotten this gem. At the
time the only other group was the metastock group which was loosing
favor due to some tasteless postings by an intelligent but poorly
guided individual. There were a group of members from this site who
decided they'd had enough and they formed the users group. I know
because I was one of them.

Along about this same time there were also a number of problems
realized with the system tester for Metastock. Many of the members of
all three groups left in search of other software such as AmiBroker.
Many felt that Equis was just not listening to their problems.

Realize that the level of knowledge and expectations for trading
software had reached a point where traders expected quality in their
discussions and their software performance. That is evolution.

This site had always been a good site. It has been the genesis for
other groups. I can count at least a dozen that I know of. If you are
new to Metastock then by all means this is a site where you can get a
good start and find your way about the overwhelming amount of
knowledge necessary to become an effective trader or investor.

Some months ago after watching this site deteriorate to a dispicable
state, I decided to see if it could be resurrected. I was lucky
enough to find the original owner and persuaded him to relinquish
ownership. I also wanted Equis to take a part in the ownership and
asked if they were interested. Ed was and along with other Equis
staff members monitor this site regularly.

Now when you come to this site you are being heard by people from
Equis and people who are in the trenches, so to speak. It's been
rewarding to see the help and support that I've gotten. There's no
way that I could answer all the questions or offer the helpful hints
that you get here. That I believe is how it should be. I cherish the
relationships and friendships that I've obtained from this site. My
hope is that you will feel the same some day and do just as everyone
else here is doing. Isn't that what a group is all about?

As far as the Metastockusers and this group joining together, there
are a number of reasons why that will not happen. Truth is we really
are linked together by common goals and software. We are further
linked by our experiences together.

As you grow in your experiences I hope you will continue to join us
at this site as often as you can.

Prosperous Trading,

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxx, "pring99" <pring99@xxxx> wrote:
> Grizz,
>
> There you go again, looking at data further in the future (in this
> case further down in the email) to get your information!  I wrote
that
> comment, not Gary.  :-)
>
> Anyway, to answer your question, it is another Yahoo group called
> Metastockusers.  You can find it in the egroups.  The purpose
though
> was not to get everyone from this list to join that one.  I wanted
> know why we need both???  They really do the same thing and often
> times members will post their same questions to both groups just as
> Gary did today.  Perhaps there is a way to combine the two groups
into
> one and cut down on the duplicate questions (I'm probably guilty of
> posting to both groups as well, so this is not a knock on Gary for
> doing so).
>
> Before suggesting that everyone in that group simply join this one
and
> stop posting to the other one, I wanted to find out the history of
> both groups.
>
> Pring
>
> --- In equismetastock@xxxx, grizz003 <no_reply@xxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Gary,
> >
> > Could you be more specific? Where is that "other" Metastock
> > discussion group located?
> >
> > Grizz
> >

> > > why do we have both these
> > > groups?  They both have about the same number of
> > > members and seem to cover the same thing.

Looking for a more powerful website? Try GeoCities for $8.95 per month.
Register your domain name (http://your-name.com). More storage! No ads!
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info
http://us.click.yahoo.com/auyVXB/KJoEAA/jd3IAA/BefplB/TM