[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: DPO

Grizz,

Don't you think that Metastock is shifting the formula after the fact.
Something like this:

{Metastock DPO}
dd1:=20;
grail1:=C-(Mov(C,dd1,S);
MSDPO:=Ref(grail1),dd1/2+1);

This would account for the no plot. In my way of thinking yours is
correct since its subtracting a shifted moving average from the close.

dd1:=20;
grail1:= C-Ref(Mov(C,dd1,S),dd1/2+1);

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxxx> wrote:
> Detrended Price Oscillator from Metastock:
>
> The Detrended Price Oscillator (DPO) is an indicator that attempts
> eliminate the trend in prices.
> Detrended prices allow you to more easily identify cycles and
> overbought/oversold levels.
> The calculation is quite simple; you simply center an x-period
moving
> average by shifting it back x/2 + 1 periods.
> This centered moving average is then subtracted from the close. The
> result is an oscillator that crosses above and below zero.
> Since the DPO is shifted back "x/2 + 1" periods, the last "x/2 + 1"
> periods will have no values.
>
> MetaStock prompts you to enter the number of periods.
> The value entered should be the approximate length of the cycle you
> wish to identify. Cycles longer than the number of periods you
enter
> will not be shown. The default value is 20.

Is your business paying to much?
Affordable insurance and benefits packages for Less.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/jCP0DB/E.mEAA/jd3IAA/BefplB/TM