[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Huge System Test Profits

Preston,
You are right on... and the search for that Holy Grail goes on.
However I can say that the spectacular profits provided by the
Detrend Oscillator really gave me a shot of adrenalin. My spirits
were boosted dramatically to find anything at all that provided 100%
profits on every stock tested.

If I find anything else promising, I'll post a follow up message. In
particular anything that makes it over to that Rock Hard Right Edge.
Now on to that little spot between the rock and that hard place
: -- )  )

One last thought: Here is a web site with a massive collection of
Metastock formulas:
  http://www.guppytraders.com/Metastock%20Formulas/formula%20index.htm

Another web site that is even more spectacular and sometimes allows
access without a password:
http://eis.pl/kr/AFM/index-en.html

Grizz

--- In equismetastock@xxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxxx> wrote:
> Grizz,
>
> I believe there is a difference between the Equis DPO and other
DPO's
> out there. Maybe we should look at another formula for DPO that
will
> plot to the hard right edge.
>
> BTW: I played with the DPO many years ago and came up with a system
> that would have made me look like Gates in no time. I believe the
> archived messages of this group still contain some of the original
> posts from 1999. To make a long story short, when I realized that
the
> last few days weren't plotting I gave up.:-(
>
> Preston
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxx, grizz003 <no_reply@xxxx> wrote:
> >
> > The Nay Sayers who argue that it won't work because "Future Data"
> is
> > required are correct, of course, but also way off base. I think
the
> > Naysayers should instead be asking, "WHY IS IT SO LUCRATIVE WITH
> OLD
> > HISTORICAL DATA" In actual fact, this profit test runs from the
> left
> > side of the chart where OLD HISTORICAL data begins showing
> > spectacular profits almost immediately. There is simply NO future
> > data to be found at the left end of the chart. Right? Of
course ! !
> > That "Future Data" argument does not apply until we get to the
> right
> > side of the chart. The formula just can't be used to make real
> money
> > because a signal for today won't come for another 10 days. Yet
this
> > lucrative formula cannot be dismissed. Why does it work so well
> with
> > old historical data?????? And just HOW profitable? 125 stcks
picked
> > at random had 125 profits, and NO losers. Some profits ran $1,000
> > into $225,000 in just a few years. Only the Metastock "Maximum
> Profit
> > System" provides equal or greater profits.
> >
> > I was always really pissed off at Equis for keeping
their "Maximum
> > Profit System" a secret. We know it can't be used to make real
> money,
> > so why keep it a secret???  Can't we can all learn at least
> something
> > from every formula we look at? Shame on Equis for hiding their
> > formula.
> >
> > Now to answer your own question. The "Grail" formula is nothing
> more
> > than the  guts from the DPO(periods) formula which is the
Detrended
> > Price Oscillator.
> >
> > Put this into your system testor:
> > ENTER LONG:
> >   DPO(20)< 0 AND Cross(DPO(25),Mov(DPO(25),3,S))
> > CLOSE LONG:
> >   DPO(20) > 0 AND Cross(Mov(DPO(25),3,S),DPO(25))
> >
> > You will see the same stunning profits on OLD historical data
which
> > has nothing to do with future data ( until we hit the right side
of
> > the chart ).
> >
> > To see why this is so amazingly profitable, make a custom
indicator:
> >   Title:  DETREND WITH TRIGGER
> >           DPO(20);
> >           mov(dpo,3,s);
> >           0; {centerline}
> > With this custom formula displayed on the screen, we can better
see
> > WHY it works.... Now the goal for this astute group of traders is
> > find out why it works and then modify it to work better. And I
> think
> > the KEY is in properly defining and using the CYCLE of the
> underlying
> > stock. Clearly detrend has an EXCELLENT grip on the stock cycle.
> >
> > The journey of 1,000 miles consists of 1 little step at a time.
> > Detrend is a great 1st step which proves that at least something
is
> > consistently profitable, even if it is flawed. Consider that
> several
> > things equal to the same thing are equal to each other.
> >
> > To answer another question, I'm sure that Detrend can be just as
> > profitable or even MORE profitable than the Equis "Maximum Profit
> > System" by tweaking the DPO periods.
> >
> > Grizz
> >
> > --- In equismetastock@xxxx, "robert@xxxx" <robert@xxxx> wrote:
> > > praktikus:
> > >
> > > Could you give some detail on the adaptive moving average
> > > that you are using?  Did you write some Metastock code for
> > > it?  Would you mind sharing it?
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > Bob

System
> > as
> > > explained by Perry Kaufman in "Smarter Trading" (the adaptive
> > moving
> > > average) with European bonds (comming from Europe so please
> excuse
> > my
> > > typing) and it works out pretty well. Maybe you share some of
> your
> > > thoughts so we can improve the thing for better?
> > >
> > > Greets, praktikus

> > system
> profitable
> > > as
> > > array.
> cycle.
> > > Why
> more
UNprofitable
> > > using

> because
> > it
> > nothing
> > cycles

> > and
> is
> > > real
> it
> > profitable

> -

> what
> > is

> > > from

> > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

--
> --
> > > mail2web - Check your email from the web at
> > > http://mail2web.com/ .

Sell a Home for Top $
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RrPZMC/jTmEAA/jd3IAA/BefplB/TM