Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] barssince - what am I doing wrong??

Mike,Chellester,

Smart idea.

Another good way to use the barssince function is to first set up the
buy formula.
BUY:=c>(BBandTop(c,20,S,2));
Then call the BUY condition in your barssince formula.
barssince(BUY)>5

Also remember that barssince in an exploration requires that you set
the "Load___Records" the same as the number of bars loaded in your
chart.

One more point would be to make sure that condition you are looking
for is on the chart. A close above a bollinger band top happens but
only in strong trends.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxx, Mike Loveday <mike.loveday@xxxx> wrote:
> hi,
>
> ..i'm a bit new at this, but it looks a little like you have only
specified
> the minimum setting (being 5 days), and probably also need to
specify the
> limit you want to close out to "after" the minimum setting of 5
days has
> passed.
> There are 2 ways perhaps, if 5 days is used as an integer rather
than a
> range, then just '=6' might work (will close on the the 6th day).
Or if you
> want to test over a range of days after the 5th bar, then maybe
just set a
> max and min... maybe '>5 AND <10' for example?
> sorry if this is not right, just trying to help..
>

> cheers, mike

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/jd3IAA/BefplB/TM