RE: [Metastockusers] Digest Number 542

If you have a daily
indicator, say a 5 day moving average, the weekly analog would be a 5 week
moving average (approximately). Hence if you put the daily period indicator on
the daily chart, just put the weekly equivalent indicator on the daily chart
too.  I got this from Brown, CEO of Telescan.
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>Lionel

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Roy Larsen
[mailto:rlarsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 4:34
PMTo: Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re:
[Metastockusers] Digest Number 542gYou could
maintain a seperate database for weekly charts. I realize that maynot be
possible but it should work for smaller markets like the ASX which Itrade.
I've never subscribed to the A-Z folder layout but do have severalfolders
with different stock groupings.The other approach would be to evolve a
set of weekly indicators designed tobe used on daily charts. This would be
hard work but a number of users,myself included, have already done a fair
amount of work in this area. Mycollection of weekly indicators for use on
daily charts includes, EMA, SMA,Wilders smoothing, OPEN, HIGH, LOW, CLOSE,
ADX and MACD. No doubt more willfollow as time goes
by.Roy----- Original Message -----From: "Gram"
<gramario@xxxxxx>To: <Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent:
Wednesday, October 16, 2002 9:49 AMSubject: Re: [Metastockusers] Digest
Number 542> Hi all,> Can anyone guide me towards doing the
following in MS 7.2?> I load the same security in separate windows. I
make one a daily and one a> weekly. However, when I do this both change
to weekly periodicity? How canI> keep one daily and the other weekly
(idem for the indicators I want toplot> on these)=> Many
thanks to anyone who can help.> g>>>> To
unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:>
Metastockusers-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx>>>> Your use
of Yahoo! Groups is subject to <A
href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>>>>To
to:Metastockusers-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxYour use