Re: [Metastockusers] Metastock 8 Question

IF what you want can't be done with a tailored use of 'Trade Equity' (see
TE_Guide.zip in the files section of this forum) then it probably can't be
done at all. However I'm positive that it CAN be done quite easily if you're
willing to take the time to apply the available tools.

Roy

> Hi- Is there any way with Metastock Pro 8 to get an indicator or
> something that can be pasted into Excel that will show bar-by-bar
> whether a system is long, short or out?
>
> It used to come straight from the equity tab in previous versions.
> This CANNOT be derived from system equity and bar prices alone even
> though it would seem so at first.  The reason is that (especially with
> intraday data), the prices on which the equity is calculated sometimes
> don't change but the signal does.  So given a system with equity based
> on closing bar prices, for example, if the close doesn't change for
> several bars and the signal changes (which sometimes happens) you
> won't know.
>
> Thanks!

Sell a Home for Top $
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RrPZMC/jTmEAA/MVfIAA/zMEolB/TM