[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Good Signal to Sell

Henk,

Thanks for sharing the formula! I tried the Sell Shark indicator on a
chart of Coca Cola from 1995 to 2000. I got 2 signals from the
indicator. This was basically a trending market but there were more
than 2 sell opportunities during this period of time. I counted at
least 10 other opportunities. I believe the indicator is not
resetting after the first signals. I'll take a look to see if I can
come up with something to make it more robust. Maybe someone else
will have some ideas as well.

--- In equismetastock@xxxx, "Henk Kloosterman" <henkkloosterman@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hello,
>

> My timing to buy is mostly OK, but I do not recognize sell patterns
very well. I am aware of most regular sell signals built-in in
metastocks and at the guppy site.
> By combining several other formula's I have made a few signals to
sell, but these are not proven yet and slow due to the mixtures.
Further I am reading sites that analyze the volatility of e.g. Nasdaq
(www.joefrocks.com) fear versus complacency for VXN and VIX.
> One of the sell signals I found at internet, which is reasonable is
the "sell shark":
> symmetry:=.28;
> apex:=(H+L)/2;
> wb:=Ref(H,-2)-Ref(L,-2);
> Shark:=If((H<Ref(H,-1)AND L>Ref(L,-1)AND Ref(H,-1)<Ref(H,-2)AND Ref
(L,-1)>Ref(L,-2))=1,If(apex>=(Ref(L,-2)+ (wb*symmetry)),1,0),0);
> sellok:=Cross(ValueWhen(1,shark=1,Ref(L,-2)),C);
> chk:=Cum(sellok)-ValueWhen(1,shark=1,Cum(sellok));
> validchk:=Alert(shark=1,25);
> sell:=sellok=1 AND Ref(chk,-1)=0 AND validchk=1;
> sell;
>
> What I am looking for, is a more precise alarm to take profit/sell
because I am planning to buy call options early november and keep
those for minimum 1 month but may be longer. To take profit or sell
the timing is important..

> Anybody has experience?
>
> Thanks, Henk

Sell a Home with Ease!