RE: Firewalls part 2

I have
version 2.6 of ZA if anyone wants it.
<FONT face=Arial color=#008080
size=4>
<FONT face=Arial color=#008080
size=4>neo
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr
style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #008080 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From:
  owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
  Behalf Of Lionel IssenSent: Monday, August 05, 2002 11:19
  AMTo: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: Firewalls part
  2
  Lars is your
  version the prof version or the basic, free, version?
  <FONT face=Arial
  size=2>
  I cannot access
  Quotes Plus and other sites with the basic version without disabling zone
  alarm.
  <FONT face=Arial
  size=2>
  V2.x gave me a
  choice of permitting access to a site, V3  does not give me this
  choice.
  <FONT face=Arial
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial
  size=2>Lionel
  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From:
  owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
  Behalf Of Lars WidlundSent: Monday, August 05, 2002 2:45
  AMTo: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: Firewalls part
  2I have the latest version of Zone Alarm and do not have
  any problem with it.
  Lars
  Theo Lockefeer wrote:

    Lionel : <FONT
    face=Arial>some other info about :  (dd 1/8/2002 from
    Fred Langa's free (usefull !) list :   1) New
    Free ZoneAlarm
    On Tuesday, Zone Labs released ZoneAlarm 3.1. If you're a ZoneAlarm
    user, you should soon get an update notice (the notifications are
    staggered over time to prevent everyone from trying to download the new
    code at once.) You also can grab the code manually by going to <A
    href="http://www.zonelabs.com";>http://www.zonelabs.com .
    In addition, ZoneAlarm Pro was recently updated to version 3.0.133.
    Similarly, you can update automatically via the built-in update/reminder
    agent, or by visiting the above site and manually grabbing a copy.
    The Pro upgrade is only a little different from the previous version,
    but the free version is a major update, and already is generating some
    strong--- and so far, mostly negative--- reader comments: stability
    problems, resource issues, and more.
    But the numbers of reports I've gotten so far is too small to serve as a
    basis for a reliable conclusion. Plus, it's a fact of human nature that
    far more people take the time to write when they're angry about a
    product than when they're happy with one. (I guess we all tend to
    complain more than praise. <g>)
    But by the time you read this newsletter, enough people should have used
    the new version of ZoneAlarm that we can begin to draw meaningful
    conclusions.
    Once you've tried the new version, please drop a short note to <A
    href="mailto:ZA@xxxxxxxxx";>ZA@xxxxxxxxx and tell me if your experience
    was good, bad, or neutral. What did you like or not like about the new
    version? Will you keep using it?
    I'll gather the replies, and present them soon in an upcoming issue.

    Click to email this item to a friend

    <A
    href="http://www.langa.com/sendit2.htm";>http://www.langa.com/sendit2.htm