RE: Firewalls part 2

Lars is your version
the prof version or the basic, free, version?
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
I cannot access
Quotes Plus and other sites with the basic version without disabling zone
alarm.
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
V2.x gave me a
choice of permitting access to a site, V3  does not give me this
choice.
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>Lionel
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Lars
WidlundSent: Monday, August 05, 2002 2:45 AMTo:
metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: Firewalls part
2I have the latest version of Zone Alarm and do not have
any problem with it.
Lars
Theo Lockefeer wrote:

  Lionel : <FONT
  face=Arial>some other info about :  (dd 1/8/2002 from Fred
  Langa's free (usefull !) list :   1) New Free
  ZoneAlarm
  On Tuesday, Zone Labs released ZoneAlarm 3.1. If you're a ZoneAlarm
  user, you should soon get an update notice (the notifications are
  staggered over time to prevent everyone from trying to download the new
  code at once.) You also can grab the code manually by going to <A
  href="http://www.zonelabs.com";>http://www.zonelabs.com .
  In addition, ZoneAlarm Pro was recently updated to version 3.0.133.
  Similarly, you can update automatically via the built-in update/reminder
  agent, or by visiting the above site and manually grabbing a copy. The
  Pro upgrade is only a little different from the previous version, but the
  free version is a major update, and already is generating some strong---
  and so far, mostly negative--- reader comments: stability problems,
  resource issues, and more.
  But the numbers of reports I've gotten so far is too small to serve as a
  basis for a reliable conclusion. Plus, it's a fact of human nature that
  far more people take the time to write when they're angry about a
  product than when they're happy with one. (I guess we all tend to
  complain more than praise. <g>)
  But by the time you read this newsletter, enough people should have used
  the new version of ZoneAlarm that we can begin to draw meaningful
  conclusions.
  Once you've tried the new version, please drop a short note to <A
  href="mailto:ZA@xxxxxxxxx";>ZA@xxxxxxxxx and tell me if your experience was
  good, bad, or neutral. What did you like or not like about the new
  version? Will you keep using it?
  I'll gather the replies, and present them soon in an upcoming issue.

  Click to email this item to a friend

  <A
  href="http://www.langa.com/sendit2.htm";>http://www.langa.com/sendit2.htm