Referring from a 5 minute chart, to a 1 hour chart of the same security?

I wonder if anyone can help me with a coding
problem. My goal is to base signals in an expert on a 5-minute chart, partially
on moving average conditions found in a 1 hour chart of the same security. I
cannot see a way to do this using the 'security' function because that only
seems to be able to reference a different security altogether.

Logically I guess you could do some simple
calculations based on groups of 12 bars, i.e. 12 bars of 5 mins each equals 1
hour. However I cannot see a way in Metastock to 'loop' the calculation in order
to do this to a sufficient extent for a long-term moving average eg 144
hours.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious. Can anyone
help?

Many thanks,
Nick