  To: <A title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 9:36
  Subject: Re: Brian Bell....ring a

    To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <A title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 9:10
    PM
    Subject: Brian Bell....ring a
    bell?

    List,

    Tonight, I am attending my monthly
    MTA meeting (in Denver).  The speaker is Brian Bell and the topic is:
    Adaptive indicators:Old and New Tools for Trading.

    The invitation stated:

    "Brian Bell will explain what makes an
    indicator "adaptive", and  will describe some well-known adaptive
    moving averages, Perry  Kaufman's Adaptive Moving Average and Tushar
    Chande's VIDYA indicator. He will also introduce, for the first time,
    the  "Bell  Warning Line", a new adaptive indicator based on
    entirely  different  principles  than  the  other
    indicators described."

    Ding Dong!  Sounds like fun.
    My questions are:  Does anyone know Brian (I could say hi for you or
    take along a ten foot pole...depending on responses).  Is anyone
    familiar with his work, indicators or seminars?

    I maintain that adaptive indicators are
    "losers" in mechanical approaches, but, a robust oscillator that has
    "adaptive" trigger levels is the key to "highway".  It sure
    would be nice to learn something new.

    Take care,

    Steve
    <A