Pivot Points and Typical Price

In my
understanding a pivot point is point that forms a minimum or maximum. An up
pivot point looks like ^. MetaStock specifies TraderTalk's formula for
PivotPoint as Typical Price which in my observations is the usual definition.
When I said price array I should have said data array as it can refer to price,
volume, RSI, or any other data array. I did not say anything about MetaStock
having a pivot point formula. I did say that MetaStock defines (H+L+C)/3 as
typical price. (H+L)/2 would be the midpoint between the high and the low. By
adding close and dividing by 3 this moves the data point to a point between the
midpoint and the close (a bias to the close).
<FONT face=Arial color=#008080
size=4>
<FONT face=Arial color=#008080
size=4>I hope this clears up anything that was not clear in my earlier
post. Please feel free to discuss this logically without personal
attacks.
<FONT face=Arial color=#008080
size=4>
<FONT face=Arial color=#008080
size=4>neo

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From:
  owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
  Behalf Of John ManascoSent: Saturday, April 06, 2002 10:39
  AMTo: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: How can I get
  a Line of the Pivot Point
  I already did Lionel; see my earlier posts. And
  Theo posted the correct formulas from the TraderTalk website. Neo's statement
  that a pivot point is a price array is just plain wrong. And his previous post
  on the same subject saying that the formula for typical price, which is
  Equis pivot point formula, is an average of the bar with a bias to the close
  is also wrong. It has no bias. And my comments weren't
  unnecessary!
  <BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr
    <DIV
    Lionel