Re: OFF TOPIC Custom Computer Manufacturers

I totally agree with David.  I just built
a fast AMD Athlon machine for $675 delivered without monitor,
speakers, and software.  It took about two hours to build and the usual one
week to get Windows installed several times and
everything working.  Now I have a totally upgradeable machine
that I know thoroughly.

I bought everything from NewEgg.com and can't say
enough about their service - 3 1/2 day delivery of everything from California to
Maine, all on the Internet without a phone call.  Their web site lets you
research the products and store your wish list on-line before
ordering.  You can even ask other builders to rate your design.  The
only disadvantage is that they don't provide detailed technical
advice.  You have to be able to solve the problems.  They do have an
excellent return policy and their customers rave about the service.

There are several hardware review sites.  Try
www.tomshardware.com for
starters.

Gary
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr