  To: <A title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, March 18, 2002 12:15
  PM
  Subject: Re: OFF TOPIC Custom Computer
  Manufacturers
  Neo,Although a new computer is always a nice thing,
  chances are good that the hardware is not your problem.Take a look at
  what software is loaded at startup and determine what can be eliminated. Too
  often, the normal surfing we all do adds startup "features" which bog down
  performance. Multimedia is the biggest offender. Also, as suggested,
  defrag is a good starting place to find increased performance.If you
  insist that it is hardware, Dell is a reasonable choice if you don't want to
  DIY, as they use essentially off-the-shelf components that are almost always
  industry standard. In other words, they use most or at least many of the
  components you might choose for a DIY. (This from a DIY from the early 80's;
  just bought my first "canned" box -- a