Re: EXPLORATIONS

Ara

If you're using EOD version of MS then this can be done using the "P"
function in your exploration and opening and 'marking' the appropriate index
chart before running the exp.  I believe "Indicator" works the same as "P".
Following is column A from an exploration that I use to determine relative
strength to a chosen index. The index chart must be open and 'marked' (left
click on).

Column A:
Strength:=Mov(C*INDICATOR,15,S)/INDICATOR;
C>Strength AND Strength>Ref(Strength,-10) AND
Ref(Strength,-10)>Ref(Strength,-20) AND
Ref(Strength,-20)>Ref(Strength,-30) AND
C/Ref(Strength,-30)>1.2

Roy

The 'Security' function should give you access to any index if you are using
MS Pro.

Is it possible to refer to a specific stock or industry or index in an
exploration?

I'd like to relate stocks to their larger group (Industry or sector) as a
filter.

For example:

Buy if (Stock Stochastic is increasing) AND (Industry / Sector / Market is
increasing)

Ideally, would like to relate a company to its industry automatically, but
failing that would like to refer to it explicitly)

Example:

Buy if (Stock stochastic is increasing) AND (Computer Industry is inceasing)

Has anyone tried to do this?

Thanks

Ara