trading setup for U.S. stocks

Group,

My local market in the Philippines is just too small so I am
exploring the idea of  trading U.S. stocks in the Dow and Nasdaq.

I have already located a good source for finding setups. But I still need :

1. a price data provider to provide :
    - MS compatible price data
    - some fundamental data
    - prices quotes for ADRs, ETFs

2.   an on-line broker   (Etrade?)

I plan to go both long and short, use daily charts, and start off
with a very small amount to get a feel of things. Intraday trading
is out since, due to the time difference, I can't trade all night
go to work the next day.

I would appreciate hearing what data provider / online broker
combinations have worked for you. Also, to know what hasn't
would be equally valuable :)

Thanks and regards,
Maurice