RE: eVWMA (June 2001 TASC)

<SPAN
class=787414718-29052001>List,
A similar
question came into Support. We had to make a slight change to make it
work consistently:

n:=Input("Enter the number of
shares:",100000000,100000000000,100000000);
eVWMA:=((n-V)*PREV+(V*C))/n;
eVWMA

Thanks,
LynnEquis
Support<FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#0000ff
size=2><<A target=_blank
href="http://www.equis.com/";>http://www.equis.com/><FONT
face="Times New Roman" color=#0000ff size=2><<A target=_blank
href="http://www.equis.com/customer/support/";>http://www.equis.com/customer/support/><FONT
face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Please include previous email answers and
questions in your response.Equis and MetaStock and MetaStock
Professional are registered trademarksof Equis International. Achelis Binary
Wave, The DownLoader, ExpertAdvisor, OptionScope, Quotecenter, and Smart
Charts are trademarks ofEquis International.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Herman van den Bergen
  [mailto:psytek@xxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2002 4:22
  PMTo: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: eVWMA (June 2001
  TASC)
  In the June issue of TASC is an article by Christian Fries on the
  development of a "Elastic Moving Average", a volume sensitive moving average.
  The basic formula to make the indicator is:
  n:=Input("Enter the number of shares: ",1,1000000,1);
  eVWMA:=((n-V)*PREV+(V*C))/n;
  eVWMA;
  It has interesting possibilities and provides good opportunities to play
  with, however I have two problems with it:
  1) applying it to the QQQ I get an "Overflow in MUL() function". I think
  this is due to the high volumes of the QQQ. Any ideas how to fix this?

  2) the QQQ has a rather wide range of volumes since its inception and the
  eVWMA changes character rather drastically over a period of several years for
  this equity. With a number of shares of 1000000 it starts off rather smooth
  but in the end it is hardly distinguishable from the price. As is, its
  usefulness appears short term...
  I would like it to maintain its filtering characteristic more constant over
  time with EOD prices, i.e. its usefulness as compared to the price, by scaling
  the "no. Shares" input with a volume derived factor (perhaps MA?). Any ideas
  on this?
  Best regards,
  Herman.