Re: Cannot export custom indicators from Metastock v7.2 for use with v7.03

Richard,

My experience mirrors yours. I have never been able to import
indicators/systems generated with a newer (e.g 7.2) MS into an older
one (eg 7.03).

Actually, even worse, if you have a backup/archive created by 6.5 and
you import it into 7.03, the backup will be "marked" as 7.03 and never
again be importable into 6.5. This problem may have been fixed in 7.2
(I reported it), but make sure you have a backup of your archive before
importing it into a newer metastock

Allan

--- Richard Dale <rad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Equis & Everybody,
>
> I cannot export custom indicators from Metastock v7.2 for use with
> Metastock
> v7.0 or below.... it creates a file called MS72FORM.DTA which
> Metastock
> v7.03 does not pick up when I choose a source folder in the
> organizer.
>
> So, for indicators I want to distribute, it would seem that I must
> generate
> them in Metastock v6.5 then import them into all other versions.
>
> Has anybody else had any luck with importing from other versions?
>
> Cheers,
> RICHARD DALE
> IT PROJECTS MANAGER
> daytraderHQ Ltd
> Level 4, 66 Kings Park Rd
> West Perth
> Western Australia 6005
> Phone: (08) 9226 0767 Fax (08) 9322 9998
> Email: rad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Web site: www.daytraderHQ.com
> YOU'LL NEVER TRADE ALONE

=====