Off Topic. Re: AMD System with Metastock?

I am using an "older" AMD K6-2 350 MHz CPU with a non-Intel chipset
motherboard.  The motherboard is a Microstar MS-5169 Super 7, Acer
Aladdin 5 chipset.  The Award BIOS is dated 12/15/98.  My video board
is a Matrox G200 8 MB's.  Although many people here have newer
systems, I don't think of this system as being out of date.  Because I
use a Promise Ultra66 PCI IDE card with 2 - 30 GB Maxtor 7200 RPM hard
drives, the system is still fast.  QP2 database scans are as fast as
any other system because my CPU usage is only 50% during a scan.  In
fact, my system is probably faster than the newest CPU if both are
doing a QP2 scan because my database is on my second drive.  I am
still free to continue using my computer for other things.

Since you mention QP2 in your other email, I assume you are using
MetaStock EOD.  I am using Windows 98(1).  MS 6.52 EOD does not crash
on my system and is very stable.  Most of my applications are very
stable.  The only application which crashes on me, about once every 3
days, is Netscape v4.76.  This is usually because I have 15 Netscape
windows open and some web pages are complex.

If you are getting crashes it's either because:
1.  You have a bad hardware component such as memory.  You will need
software which tests your hardware.  I recently purchased Touchstone
CheckIt Portable Edition v7.  I plan on using it when I purchase a 256
MB memory stick.  I have 192 MB's now (I used CheckIt v6 to test
them).
http://www.smithmicro.com/checkit/pehome.tpl?cart=9894596321984843

2.  You have old drivers or BIOS and need to update them.

3.  You have programs loaded in memory which don't need to be loaded
and are conflicting with MS.  This usually occurs during startup
through your StartUp folder or your Registry Run keys.

Good luck,
Daniel.