RE: John Murphy's Chart Pattern Recognition software

Your point is well taken.  I do think $300 or $400 is a hefty price to pay
(or $5 for that matter) for something that will probably cost you thousands
if it isn't proven to reliably find good trades (cause more harm than good).
If I designed an exploration similar to Mr. Murphy's, I would want to know
its efficacy before using real money with it, let alone selling it to the
public.  I agree it's not a "system," but it still has an implied duty to
perform better than a dart-throwing monkey in regard to its advertised use.
Does it find "Head and Shoulder" formations 89.8% of the time or 23% of the
time?

Just commenting on the two ways to make money in the markets:  (A)
"Investing" or (B) selling a tool to make money "Investing." Unfortunately,
those that can't make money "Investing" go to plan B, or buy products from
those marketing plan B.   If you want to make money investing, fire up
Metastock, delete all the indicators, and study "Candle Stick" style charts
for a couple hours a day until you see the obvious...

Dave D.