RE: Intraday ATR function

"I have not yet used ATR yet.  But I trade intraday.  How do you use
ATR?  Do you name the first formula TRID and the second ATRID?  Then you
are using ATRID which is ATR Intra Day?"

Murat

I have posted a more complete explanation at:

The advantage of ATR is that it accounts for a stocks volatility and is
therefore more useful than percentage. For a more complete explanation,
visit the above site.

ATR much be programmed in MS and I would be happy to post my programming
which could be improved by the programming gurus here. Just ask on the above
site.

To answer you question, normally TR is used to calculate ATR but TR is not
used. In a similar way, TRID is used to calculate ATRID but is not used.
Once again for a more complete discussion on ATR, I suggest we start one at
the site above. Join, make a post (or send an email), and we can let the
discussion begin to really refine our formula for ATRID and discuss it's
many uses.

neo

I have not yet used ATR yet.  But I trade intraday.  How do you use
ATR?  Do you name the first formula TRID and the second ATRID?  Then you
are using ATRID which is ATR Intra Day?

Thanks for your time.
Murat