Re: Changing from MetaStock List to Online Forum

Lynn,

    The only thing that I can think of that would begin to resemble
what's available now (a list) is something like the old CompuServe
forums WITH a program like tapcis (off line reader) that kept all
sections, messages and threads in order and let people get their
messages whenever they wanted.  I was a sysop there (for too long) and
Tapcis was a very efficient program in terms of message management (that
was my first exposure to MetaStock too).  I'm not aware of any software
today for lists that does what tapcis/CompuServe did for message
management back then or I'd be using it now for email.  I do not like
having to be "online" to read, write, and view my email and prefer to do
that offline.  While "offline or online" is not an issue for many
people, especially those who have high speed connections to the internet
or inexpensive unlimited access, superior message management is still a
problem for everyone.  Unless you can come up with something like the
CompuServe environment with Tapcis message/thread organizational
capabilities, I'd vote for staying in list form, if not here then
somewhere else.

    Why not clean up whatever is causing the problem for the list (spend
some money on hardware or software) or just farm it out to some
organization that can maintain a more reliable environment?

Frank