A problem with Stops

I have a problem with stops - any helpful comments would be appreciated.

When testing EOD systems, I want to use stops to simulate stop orders,
i.e., I want the position immediately (not the next day) closed at the stop
price.

Setup (MS Pro 7.0): In the "Stops" window I select Max Loss, Long, Short,
Percent, Exit at Stop Price, and set a loss limit, i.e., 8%. My system is a
modified two moving average system, I use "greater than" and "smaller than"
instead of cross() in an attempt to keep me in the market but it doesn't
work - see below.

When a Stop takes place my position stays closed until they reverse. For
example: I am stopped out of a Long position and even though I would like
to re-start the Long position the next day (thus only limit the losses for
the day) I have to wait for the next Short position to get back in the
market and that could be weeks away.

How can I simulate stops that only limit losses for the day but keep me in
the market by resuming the same position the next day?

Thanks for any help you can give,
Herman.