Re: Win2K and MS Pro?

Siva,

I have used every increment of Metastock since 6.52 with Windows 98SE.  I recently moved to
Win2000 with nothing short of spectacular results. I believe it is your 7.01 that is causing
problems.  I would strongly recommend that you upgrade to 7.03 (I'm still not too sure about the
value of 7.2 yet...).

I experienced many of the problems that you describe, and extra hardware or HW upgrades did
nothing to fix it.  7.03 is the most stable I've seen yet.  I run this in realtime on two of the
"busiest" contracts (ES and NQ) with up to 9 charts, two very calculation-intensive Experts, and
approximately 7 custom indicators.

The real trick is to limit the number of bars that your calculations are run on (maximum bars
chosen as appropriate for your indicators and studies).  When you run an Exploration, if your
analysis and calculations can work with it, choose "use minimum number of bars" or select an
acceptable lower number to load.  When you have Experts running and updating on tick by tick data,
judiciously select the number of bars to load in your chart.

Also, avoid the use of the PREV function at all costs.  This will kill the speed of anything.

I noticed on version 7.0X up to .02 that whenever I selected the Formula Editor without a chart
open, it was a guaranteed crash.  That is no more in 7.03.

Just some ideas that might help.....

Dave Nadeau
Fort Collins, CO