Re: more help needed , new user

Cameron,

MS does not support entering on Stops (or limits for that matter).
The best you can do for testing is to "look into the future" for the
signal and then set the entry-price to High (for longs). This will give
you a worse fill than the stop.

E.g.
entry:= ref(h,1) > h + 0.75*(h-l);

This obviously will not give you a real-time signal, (which you'll have
to code differently), but works for backtesting. This limitation also
forces you to test longs and shorts seperately, since you don't want to
enter on the high of the next bar for a short, since that would be a
better price than your stop.
Allan

--- Cameron Jones <ctj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all .... thanks for the postings back to my last question.
>
> OK i am starting to get used to the syntax.  But i have a new
> problem.  Does
> metastock system tester only allows you to buy the next bar at
> open,close,high and low?
> What i was planning to do was in english "if yesterdays 15 day moving
> average is lower than todays 15 day moving average then  buy tomorrow
> at 75%
> of todays range onstop"
> eg  todays high = 18.50  todays low = 17.50 then buy tomorrow at
> 18.25
> onstop  (assuming the moving average is going up)
> (this is probably so basic but i cant find the answer........yet)
>
> Regards
> Cam t Jones

=====
---