Re: Realtime Qote Service

Regarding ongoing connection problems with QCharts:

>From QCharts list Friday:

Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 16:44:55 -0500
   From: "Lloyd Lindsay" <lloydl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Unable to Connect all Friday Afternoon.

QCharts, Terra Lycos, Quotecom:

HELP:
Friday, March 2, right after lunch, QCharts could not connected me to a
server --- even though it kept trying them all.  I couldn't even get the
login screen to enter my password.  Yet Lycos Livecharts was up and tracking
the commodities I wanted to see in Q Charts.

I called customer service and waited an hour on hold.  So I left a message.
But now at 4:20 pm Eastern Standard Time (New York-Toronto time), I still am
not connected and have not received a courtesy call back.

I can't trade without my charts.  So now I am in a quandary:  I can pay
QCharts their monthly fee + an exchange fee and trade only on those days
when I can connect or alternatively switch services.

But my problem is this:  QCharts are the best charts that I have found for
my trading and no other company offers similar charts.  Unfortunately, NO
QCharts is unacceptable.

Up till now I found that I could handle the QCharts fee, but not for sitting
on pins and needles hoping and praying for a connection.

So I'll ask all of you in this discussion group, "Do you have any
suggestions?"

LLOYD LINDSAY
Mississauga, Ontario, CANADA

And from Silicon Investor Friday:

To:Chris Cooper who started this subject
From: M Veit  Friday, Mar 2, 2001  6:11 AM
View Replies (1) | Respond to    of 12854

If anyone can help me, I'd surely appreciate it: how do I get Qcharts to
attempt connection to a different batch of servers upon start-up? My copy is
only looking for Herndon servers this morning, all of which are refusing to
connect.