RE: IMPORTANT - Referencing 2 files in the same formula

If you really want this in Metastock EOD then send a message to
suggestions@xxxxxxxxx

This email address is designed for suggestions to the Metastock program.

Here's some I've already sent:

1.  Ability to import and export explorer lists

Here at daytraderHQ we teach a lot about sector analysis and identifying
stocks in particular sectors.  We use the Explorer lists extensively to cut
down our searches to specific subsets of stocks (eg. stocks in the gold
sector, stocks in the financial services sector, stocks in a particular
index etc.).

What we'd like to do as a community is share those explorer lists with other
people.  Unfortunately due to the proprietary structure of the database
files we are unable to easily share these lists.....

It would be great if we have an import and export process just like we have
for importing and exporting formulas.

2.	Application of template and chart cloning

When you apply a template to a smart chart you have already opened, it opens
up a copy of the new chart.  To then save this chart over the old smart
chart is rather cumbersome (File -> Save, select smart chart, replace
existing chart - yes).  How about a splitting this command in two:
(i) "Apply template to this smart chart"
(ii) Clone this chart and apply template to cloned chart

3.	System tester across multiple stocks + position sizing

It would be great to have a portfolio-type system tester that buys and sells
stocks according to the current enter/exit long and enter/exit short
criteria, but allow you to run it across multiple stocks (eg an explorer
list) - and also have specific criteria for position sizing.  As long as
there is enough balance in your "float" then it adds the stock to the
portfolio quite happily.

Cheers,
Richard.
RICHARD DALE