Summary - Password Feature and Programing in Metastock ver 7.01

Thanks to everyone for their input. including Equis. Here's the summary I
promised:

I got a reply from Equis that finally got me on the right track. My custom
Alligator formulas were "lost" in the upgrade from 6.5 to 7.0.
Coincidentally, Metastock installed Bill William's Alligator indicators in
7.0. These are proprietary, ergo the reason for the password protection. I
did not know this and thought that they were the ones I had written and got
modified in the conversion. The names were the same...The programming problem
I have with Metastock, that I don't have with other programming languages, is
not being able to check a formula with sample values. In all other
programming languages, you can get the value a formula calculates or run only
one set of input data through the program to make sure that what you intended
to have the program do, it is doing correctly. In Metastock, as far as I
know,  the only feedback you get is the plot--which is the end result. This
makes it difficult to troubleshoot your code--at least it does for me. It is
also difficult to do pattern recognition in Metastock and you don't have many
examples to go by to see how things are done. Equis has programmed the VIDYA
(variable-length moving average) indicator. It's at:
http://www.equis.com/customer/support/formulas/cf00078.html

I hope this summary is of help to others; and again, thanks for everyone's
input.
Joe Nemecek