Re: exploration formula question

Michael (and Joe),

I think that you and I were working on a similar
problem from
2 different approaches.  The WB "Cycles"
Indicator plots
exactly like the response I got from Joe Duffy
concerning the
Double Stochastic Indicator.

Thank You Joe !!!!!!! That is
exactly what I
was looking for!
(I had the MA and Stoch
reversed!)

So all you have to do is write your own indicator
using the
formula that follows.  (If your testing does
not show the
Double Stochastic provided so graciously by Joe to
be the
same as the WB Cycles indicator, please let me
know.)

Hope this helps.   ..........
John

----- Original Message ----- From: Joe Duffy
To: <FONT face=Arial
size=2>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent:
Tuesday, February 06, 2001 8:02 PMSubject: Re: Double
Stochastic

Here is a 10
period Double Stochastic

<FONT face=Arial
size=2>P1:=Mov(((C-LLV(L,10))/(HHV(H,10)-LLV(L,10)))*100,3,E);Mov(((P1-LLV(P1,10))/(HHV(P1,10)-LLV(P1,10)))*100,3,E)

----- Original Message ----- From: jhmtn
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2001 6:09 PMSubject: Double
Stochastic

I've run across references recently to an
indicator called a "Double Stochastic" indicator.  It does not seem to be
just another version of a fast or slow stochastic and seems to bear some
resemblence (but not exactly) to the indicators known as the Stochastic
RSI.  The 'Double Stochastic' supposedly picks swing highs and lows
well.

Does anyone know what the calculating formula for
the 'Double Stochastic' is?  I'm not necessary looking for the Metastock
code, but if you have it that would be nice also.

Thanks, .............. John