In lieu of crash(trash) talk

Gwenn,

If I may, allow me to put my 2 cents worth into this discussion.  Steve is
a trader. He has a methodology.  He acts, then shares (talks) what he has
done.  Win or lose, he tells it.

You write:  ".... what you do displaying your sugar trades is no different
from debating
about  the direction of rates, currencies, and asset valuations or is
it?...."  Well, Gwenn, that was the message in his original post:  Taking
action as opposed to having rhetorical discussions.  A trader steps up to
the plate and swings the bat.  A theorist sits at the table and discusses
the why, what, and ifs.  Lots of difference.  When you see the volume bar
on your charts, that represents people that took action....made a trade.
Think of it as playing in the game or watching the game on TV.

I made a post yesterday regarding the opening of a position in BKS at
26.06.  It got killed this morning on an analyst downgrade.  I made an exit
at 24.08.  I lost money, but I did follow my plan and can come back and
trade again.  I read my chart pattern, the market told me I was wrong, and
I exited the position and took the loss.  When you analyze system results
and see a 75% win factor and think it is so great, well, this is just part
of the 25% that failed.

Another point Steve was making is that he has no clue about the
commodity...he is simply reading his charts and acting on a methodology
that has a mathematical probability of success.  Whenever one places a
trade one has a 50% chance of success: it will either go up or down.
Certain chart patterns will have a high probability of predictability.  But
the fact still remains that when the trade is placed, only two things are
likely to happen: either up or down.

I feel as though I have used my 2 cents worth of time.  No anger or ire
here, just seconding Steve's attempt to have trades discussed and shared so
that we can all profit from what someone else observers.  To make money:
that is the reason one trades, is it not?

Al Taglavore