Re: Excel 2000 VBa book; BookPool.COM cheaper than Amazon.COM?

Hi Daniel and others who have written

Another book to check out is the "Microsoft Excel 97 Developer's Handbook"
ISBN # 1-57231-359-5 ... by Microsoft Press at mspress.microsoft.com ... it
includes a comprehensive CD.

It includes 4 chapters on developing your own application or "look". Each
chapter gives complete instructions (includes each completed application on
the CD) on a different style to make Excel "look" your own way.

The first style has the Excel format but shows splash sheets and worksheets
with custom buttons, charts and user forms. Pretty normal.

The second and third applications take over the Excel interface completely,
so that only the little icon in the upper left hand corner is left of the
original Excel interface. (I've seen code to get rid of the icon if you
want). One style uses only a custom command bar at the top plus "idiot"
buttons in the "body". The other style uses custom menus at the top plus
"idiot" buttons in the body.

The fourth style is for web applications etc.

Most of us end up with Excel looking like the first style. The 2nd and 3rd
styles are speedy and allow us to have a totally dedicated interface with
technical analysis, "what if's, and trading, etc. sub-sections.

Interesting to think top-down rather than always bottom-up. Sure makes you
wish that other programs offered as much control over the interface.

Best regards

Walter