From: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Walter Lake
Sent: Monday, September 27, 1999 11:29 AM
To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Excel 2000 VBa book

Hi Daniel and Chuck

I'm pretty sure that Fritch was adding or already had real-time capability
in his Excel program.

Since I trade spreads, my time frames are a little slower and "older". Lots
of historic data processing. Spreads only occur once a year for 3 to 8 weeks
and need a balance of historical / statistical analysis, technical analysis
and fundamental analysis. So Metastocks' charting ability fits well with
Excel's number crunching capability.

Right now my current XL VBA project is developing a ListBox to find and open
folders of 200+ CSV text files into their own worksheet in a workbook. For
example, the files might be 30 years of bean contracts price data with 7
contracts per year.

Using the "recording macros" procedure I have all of the components
(objects, methods and properties) figured out except the "looping" part so
that the procedure will keep opening files one at a time until finished ...
Given my bumbling style I'll probably end up with a "Sorcerers Apprentice"
running out of control <G>.

For Lionel et al ... Ruggiero continues his series of articles on using
Excel for trading in Futures Magazine. He's getting quite  sophisticated
now.

Staying with eod data and spreads allows me to use current processing power
comfortably. Of course, lots more horsepower is on the horizon. My
organizing questioning is always: "what am I going to have ... what do I
want to have on my desk in five years?" in terms of processing and software.

If this product that you mentioned Daniel  http://www.FMLabs.com is on the
market now ... what will be there in 5 years? Look at all the "freebies"
that are being handed out.

Thanks Chuck ... I can see why
http://24.0.100.173:5080/twtest1/twcharts.htm has the Omega people "wetting
their pants".

Got to run and put more "nerd" tape on my glasses. <G>

Best regards

Walter

Best regards

Walter