Fwd: Overlay Without Scale

From: Wooglinx@xxxxxxx
Full-name: Wooglinx
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 14:29:14 EDT
Subject: Re: Overlay Without Scale
To: vitaly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Vitally:

Thanks for your input. Your comments have triggered a few dormant brain cells
which has led me to the following:

For the present, I have decided to place both indicators in a new inner
window (not on the price chart) and use separate scales for each; one on the
right and one on the left. With this approach, there should be little chance
of error when the slopes are compared visually. At least they will be
consistent within themselves and between each other over the time scale of
the x-axis.

Next, I intend to place these same indicators on the price chart, each
without scale, and compare the plots on the price chart to those in the inner
window described above. This approach will provide a non-rigorous way of
checking the validity of placing both indicators on the price chart. I will
advise the list of my results.

Equis, does this make sense.

Jim Barone