VBA and Excel

Thanks for your email.

Excel and VBA are hard for me because when you open a spreadsheet you are
faced with a big empty spreadsheet ... when you open VBEditor you are faced
with the same empty space. There are so many possibilities that you don't
know where to start first.

VB has been a good antidote to this because it forces you to concentrate on
the user forms for your program / project first.

If you open Metastock Explorer ... all you see is a user form, e.g., a list
box, a slider, buttons on the bottom and side, name in the top left corner,
and an "x" close button. Pretty simple.

That's what you design first in VB ... then you write the code for each item
on the user form. E.g., click the Metastock Explorer "edit" button and the
underlying code takes you to a much more complex user form. Using Metastock
prejudices you towards a user form way of thinking. Only VB opens in that
format or is taught that way. Certainly not Excel.

So the problem in VBA and Excel is often where to start. The "spreadsheet"
... the in-cell formulas ... the charts ... the VBA code ... the user forms,
etc.

Sorry to be so garbled in my thinking ... will try to be more focused in
figuring out exactly why Excel is hard to get into for Metastockers.

By the way ... the "just start programming VBA" approach didn't work for me.
I finally had to stop and "read the books". Now I see better how it all fits
together.

Best regards

Walter