Re: beyond Metastock - Install MS Office Pro 2000 Upgrade?

Bradley, no, you misunderstood.  I already paid the $8 and got the MS Office Pro 2000 Upgrade via Airborne Express.  I would never miss out on a deal like that.  In fact, I also purchased another MS Office Pro 97 for $105 through EBAY and got another 2000 upgrade for someone else.  BTW, the deal to upgrade to 2000 from 97, for free, ended 7/31/99. I spent so much time installing and downloading patches/upgrades for 97, I don't know when I am going to install the 2000.  I'd rather concentrate on TA right now. Daniel.     "Bradley C. Mitchell" wrote: Well i would send in the $8 just to get now, you dont have to install it now.  For the price you are paying i would upgrade to 2000, it is completely automatic to install, and thier are some enhancements to excel and the web Brad -----Original Message----- From: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Daniel Martinez Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 1999 4:19 PM To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: beyond Metastock - Install MS Office Pro 2000 Upgrade? To Group, about Excel 97 & 2000:  I only recently purchased/installed MS Office Pro 97 on July 1.  Before that I used Corel Pro 7 with Quattro Pro 7.  I was forced to add MS Office Pro 97 because Quattro "Pro" 7 is not OLE2 capable.  I was able to purchase MS Office Pro 97, full retail, for a total of $75 at EBAY which was an outstanding deal (it was $520 at most retailers). I also was able to get, direct from MicroSoft, the MS Office Pro 2000, upgrade version, for $8.  Since I spent so much time installing 97 and downloading/upgrading various components, I don't really want to install the 2000 right now (I'm actually a bit tired of installing software). Does anyone know how much of a difference there is between Excel 97 and 2000?  Is it worth my upgrading right now?  Does Excel 2000 have enough additional capabilities, especially with VBA, to warrant my spending another 12 hours (with additional downloads for patches) upgrading? Daniel.