Re: Sending Charts

http://www.cdrom.com/pub/png/
http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/TR/

All can be found on the above 2 addresses. From personal usage, cannot see much
difference in quality (png is only slightly more "orange skinny", with a few dips) and
a 5 Kb PNG-file is the equivelant of an 8 Kb GIF-file. Not worth the mentioning for
the moment, is it. (Using QVP-Quick View Plus).

>From the above + article below left my further exploration on the PNG-format for what it was.
An at that time also, (now not so current) article on the Support/KB site, eg search
for PNG, had Microsoft announcing (tho, by now this article can well be outdated):

Q174946 - Unable to View .png Images with Internet Explorer 4.0

Microsoft Internet Explorer version 4.0 for Windows 95

SYMPTOMS
When you try to open a Portable Network Graphics (.png) file, you may receive
an Open With dialog box prompting you to chose a program with which to open the file.

CAUSE
This behavior can occur when there is no file association for .png files on your computer.

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, install a program capable of displaying .png graphic files.

MORE INFORMATION
Internet Explorer does not include the functionality to view .png files.

Last Reviewed: October 9, 1997
© 1999 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms of Use.

Regards,
Ton Maas
ms-irb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dismiss the ".nospam" bit (including the dot) when replying.