Re: noise traders

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Walter Lake wrote:

> Several traders have reported that the Stuttgart download is good for
> learning but too general for financial use. Whether that is true or not ...

Could be. But I've been taking a look at general purpose tools lately,
the goal being to build a complete and robust trading platform from
existing free software for the Linux OS, incorporating AI, statistical,
graphics functionality.

One idea is to treat the time series and it's indicators as a matrix,
then use tools which have strong matrix capabilities to operate on the
elements of the matrix. A recent find is the GNU package Octave:
http://www.che.wisc.edu/octave/

Re SNNS, I was very impressed with the ease of installation of the RPM
package on my Linux box. It took about one minute.

Cheers,

Jim